Sunday, October 7, 2007

Holly

Holly

Ladies -- my life would have been way easier had I known the principles in this book earlier and how to act on them, and I want to help save you from going through the heartache I've had.

We are familiar with what it means to go "all the way" physically before marriage. But what about going "all the way" emotionally -- where our hearts get unhealthily invested in either a person or the idea of marriage before it's time? Is that harmful too? I would submit a definite "yes" to that question.

This book puts on paper what my conscience told me but I could never articulate. It addresses the hairy issue that many women struggle with that is the equivalent to guys' visual lust struggles... you know, the fantasy world of daydreaming of a future life together with so-and-so, obsessing, wondering if so-and-so is "the one", etc. that robs us of the freedom and joy of TODAY! :)

But it's hardly addressed and is overlooked in Christian circles today as something that isn't a big deal. In reality it is something that can tear apart our relationship with Christ as well as a future marriage if it is not dealt with. It's not a guy issue but a heart issue.

The author of this book vulnerably shares ways that this is harmful as well as ways that we can work to prevent and fight it. I think there are some really good principles in here that may not be so popular, but I think they are great because it brings our focus back to Christ, which is where our hearts are most free -- whether we are married or single. :) I think His dreams far surpass our dreams for ourselves and He longs to provide His dreams for us because He loves us. His dreams and plans for us are far more free, more abundant, and more joyful. :)

It's called Emotional Purity by Heather Paulsen. If you order it from the publisher, Crossway, you get a free PDF copy right away. Here's the link:
http://www.gnpcb.org/product/158134855X

No comments: