Thursday, March 27, 2008

Colleen Klein

I am 26, and I have read it a couple of times, and since I have never dated, or been in a relationship, some of the information does not apply at this time, but definitely guides my prayers.

The part that impacted me the most is when you talk about our "dating/courtship" relationship to mirror our relationship with Jesus, which means we start with commitment, and not "get to know you and share my heart with you until there is nothing left, then consider commitment".

I have shared that with others, because as Christians, I do believe we tend to adopt the world's standards in relationships: "are our personalities compatible?" or "are their sparks?", instead of trusting the Lord that HE has someone uniquely designed for each of us, if we will seek HIM, and not a spouse! I wish I had an amazing testimony to share with you, but not yet, I am still waiting... :o)

I can see the Lord's protective hand upon my life, though. I had always believed the lies that I was fat and ugly and would never get married, that is why I had never been asked out on date. But the Lord has set me free, and shown me my identity in Himself and that His plans are to protect me from unnecessary hurt and heartache. And that I would spend these single years pursuing Him wholeheartedly. Doesn't He promise to reward those who diligently seek Him? The Lord knows the desires of my heart because He put them there and I know that He has set me apart for some really special man. :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You totally blessed me with your comment Colleen. Some times we just need to hear that we are not alone but fabulous in God.