Monday, March 10, 2008

Jessica High

Jessica High- 16yrs In a Relationship with Jesus Christ, lover of my soul (or Single, speaking in human terms. :D)

Before I had even started reading Emotional Purity, I had a covenant between God and my parents that I would not date until out of highschool, even then the relationship would be a courtship, with the relationship hopefully ending in marriage. But more privately, I had decided to make Jesus Christ my ONLY love until that time, keeping my heart pure too.

It wasn't too hard to live at first. I had (and have) a great circle of friends. Christ was my life and my love. But by 9th grade, we had switched churches and I was surrounded with a new group of people. Crushes were no big deal, match-making games were funny. I didn't quite know how to deal with all of that. Was I missing something that would be 'just for fun'?

That question became a struggle for me- be an example or have some completely harmless fun? I know many girls or guys make the commitment I had, in respect to keeping my heart pure. I wanted to use my story, but at the same time I wanted to just 'be one of the girls.'

One of my older friends mentioned I might like to read "Emotional Purity." So I borrowed the book and read through it in a couple of days. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I'm not alone. My covenant was important. The book even gave me some new ideas to think about. The confidence I've gained is so well worth it.

Life isn't worrying about "waiting for Prince Charming." Life is about loving Jesus Christ- He only acts in the ways that would most bless us. We're never alone in the fight. Thank you, Heather, for reminding me of this. :)

No comments: