Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mary A.

One Sunday, while I was at some friends' house, I noticed your book, "Emotional Purity" on their book shelf. I asked the lady of the house if I could borrow it, and that is how I came to read your book.

Why did I want to borrow the book? Well, first of all, I love to read relationship books, and books dealing with purity, etc. The real reason that the the title of your book caught my eye, however, was because I was desperately trying to find a proper perspective for myself when it comes to guys.

Let me explain. In the fall of '06 I started my freshman year at a small Bible College. Even though I technically knew better, I allowed myself to develop silly, school girl crushes on several of the guys there. I frankly wasted a lot of emotional energy on these "imagined" relationships. I would like to think that I also could have made better grades if I would have remained totally focused on my studies.

Anyway, so this school year, I stayed home to help my parents in their business. However, I am returning to Bible College next fall! Hence why I was and am trying to find the right outlook on the whole "guy thing" before I go back to college. Your book found me in the" nick of time". It reinforced what I already knew, renewed my vision for purity before marriage, and helped me to see that "fantasizing" about a guy that hasn't committed to me" is frankly, STUPID! Hopefully, this next time around, I will keep my focus on God and His Will for me, and my studies. I am bound and determined to keep my thoughts and daydreamin' in check.

Heather, thanks for your book!

Mary 20 yrs. and single

No comments: